Buying and selling property can be a stressful business, but a good Estate Agent will guide you expertly through every stage of your purchase or sale. To find an answer to the most frequently asked questions search either of the hyperlinks below to discover a simple explanation that will appease the curious and satisfy the inquisitive. For detailed analysis of specific questions contact us directly.
STAGE I - SALE AGREED
1. Obtains your title deeds and asks you to fill in a detailed questionnaire.
2. Prepares and sends out a package of legal information and a contract for sale.
3. Requests a settlement figure for your mortgage and any other secured loans.
4. Liaises with all relevant parties and negotiates a date for moving ('completion').
1. Organises searches at the local authority on your behalf and asks you for a sum on account of such expenses.
2. Receives replies to questions raised and reports to you with the contract for signing. Requests your deposit.
3. Receives mortgage offer and deals with all the conditions on your behalf.
4. Receives search results and deals with any problems revealed.
STAGE II - EXCHANGE OF CONTRACTS
1. Receives the deposit as a downpayment.
2. Organises final accounts and prepares a final settlement for your approval. Collects in any balance of funds required.
3. Approves the deed of transfer and arranges for you to sign it.
1. Hands over the deposit to the seller's conveyancers.
2. Prepares a final completion statement for your approval. Collects in any balance of funds required.
3. Prepares the deed of transfer and mortgage deed and arranges for you to sign them.
4. Organises final searches to check for debts and bankruptcy.
STAGE III - COMPLETION
1. Pays off the mortgage and notifies HM Land Registry.
2. Hands over the deeds and sends balance of money to you.
1. Receives and arranges for payment of any stamp duty to the Inland Revenue.
2. Prepares and sends off application to HM Land Registry to register your ownership.
3. If property mortgaged, sends deeds to the lender.